St Philip’s reopened to in-person worship on Sunday 30th August at 4.30pm for a beautiful, reflective, contemplative service of Celtic Evening Prayer from the Iona Community tradition.
To ensure everyone’s safety, please adhere to these simple protocols...
Please do not attend if:-
1. You are feeling unwell.
2. You have come into contact with anyone who has tested positive to COVID-19
in the last 14 days.
3. You have travelled outside of British Columbia in the last 14 days.
• Due to contact tracing you are required to have a ticket in advance to attend this service. We have set up a ticketing process through Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.ca/o/st-philips-anglican-church-30814447722. There is no cost for tickets it is just our way of keeping track the numbers and who will be attending. Please obtain the exact number of tickets for those who will be attending the service. Should you be unable to access Eventbrite we encourage you to register with Beth before Friday noon. (604-224-3238)
• A maximum of 50 people (including staff and clergy) are allowed to be in the church at one time.
• Please arrive in good time through the main doors If you need to use the ramp, please let the greeters know and they will assist you.
• Greeters will meet you, sign you in, offer hand sanitizer, and guide you to your seat. Please follow the directions of the greeters and stay in your seat until the service is over.
• Everyone in the church will be a minimum of 2 metres apart (except those from the same households/bubbles). Please stay with your bubble at all times.
• We strongly encourage you to wear a mask in church. If you forget yours, we will give you one.
• The church will be completely sanitized prior to and after the service.
• You will be asked to sanitize your hands prior to and after the service.
• After the service, please wait to be directed by a greeter to leave the church via the Chapel doors. You are welcome to socialize in the garden afterwards, keeping 2 metres apart.
• One washroom will be available for emergencies. If you required the washroom, please follow the sanitising protocols posted there.
• There will be music as part of the service but there will be no shared singing during the service.
• We are unable to offer Communion at this time.
Despite these limitations, we look forward to seeing all those who are able to come to this service. We hope that you will enjoy being back together again in our beautiful sacred space. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Beth via the Parish office. (604-224-3238)
Take Care and keep safe.
Love and prayers,
The Rev’d Stuart Hallam
On behalf of the staff and wardens at St Philip’s